Grandpa Walter's party was fantastic! He had a great time and we did too! The weather was beautiful and that was a great bonus because it allowed people to be inside and out. There were 80 plus people who came and more that sent note to let him know they loved him. It was wonderful to see so many people and to hear them say nothing but great things about my grandpa! He is a wonderful, loving,smart and strong man. The kids had a blast too and were running around everywhere. My Mom and Dad made a wonderful meal with ham and turkey and potatoes. Todd made some of his delicious sour dough and a spinach dip. Deano sent some of my Grandpa's favorite pasta with calamari. I got to make and decorate the cakes and I think they turned out pretty good. Michelle did a fancy birthday sign. My mom worked hard and made a slide show about my grandpa. Everyone enjoyed themselves and seemed to have a fantastic time. Happy Birthday Grandpa! We love you and are so glad we were able to be a part of this special day!

Edwin, Kaelyn, Ellarie and Norilyn.
The Party as everyone was starting to come outside.
Annie enjoying a roll.
Kyler playing outside.
Everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to Grandpa.
Grandpa getting ready to blow out the candles.
The kids are ready for cake!
The cake. I made two half sheet cakes. I decorated this one to look like the invitations my parents made to look like a steam cleaning character my grandpa used in his business.
cutting the cake
family
friends
and fun!
snitching some frosting
Saying good bye
Grandpa Walter with some of his Great Grand kids (left to right: Kyler, Annie, Kaelyn, Norilyn, Ezias, Conner and Ellarie, with Grandpa holding Annaliegh).
1 comment:
I saw this the other day, but did not comment because it was late. i copied some of the pictures and sent them to Aunt Delsie. She loved he one with Grandpa and the grandchildren. i think I sent that one to the other kids as well. I thought that the one of Annie looking at the jade plant was priceless! Did you know that each time he went past it she and Annaleigh took a handful? Very cute. I don't think they did it maliciously, they just couldn't resist!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment