Monday, August 23, 2010

Trip to Logan

We decided it would b fun to take the kids on a trip up to Logan because it had been a long time since we had been there and we wanted Conner to see where he lived as a baby.  So we made a day of it. We visited the cheese factory and Kyler was fascinated with all the big machines through the window and all the different cheeses.  Then we got lunch at our favorite spot Old Grist Mill and took our food to our favorite park for a picnic. Annie loved the freedom and there was plenty of grass to let her run.

Annie coming back for a bite to eat.



The boys had fun on the tire swing, Kyler thought it was so cool that they could turn a wheel into a swing!

Annie also had fun swinging, but her favorite was the slide, but I couldn't get a picture...it took two of us to help her there...one at the top and one at the bottom. After we played at the park we went to see the temple and USU.  The temple was very busy, with brides everywhere so we didn't stay long.

Up at USU campus we got some Aggie ice cream and showed the boys the campus.  We had a nice little walk.  The boys really enjoyed their ice cream and liked having a cone to eat it out of.

We walked all the way down to Old Main and the boys loved that they could climb up on the "A" and were showing me how tough they were. Annie slept in the stroller while we walked.

After our trip through USU we showed them the stadium and the house where Conner lived for almost two years.....he asked why people move and why we don't live in Logan anymore.  He then said he wanted to stay,...Kyler says I don't, I want to go home! So we finished off our trip with a trip to one of our favorite restaurants Cafe Sabor.  The boys were not so sure about going until Brian showed them it was an old train station.  It then became their favorite part of the trip. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! Two postings so close together! How fun! I love seeing what you are up to, and how the troops react. It is lovely to share in your adventures, and to 'watch' the children grow!

We also had a fun weekend, we took Grandpa Walter to the airshow in Santa Rosa. The men took Kaelyn to the show, so Jackie and I shopped! I got a new microwave because our old one had died,and was shooting sparks every where while going burrrb, and Jackie got new clothes. the baby slept most of the trip, and Dad said Kaelyn was very well behaved. A good time was had by all!

Love,

Mom

Lisa McLachlan said...

Ah, Logan! So many memories.... :) I would've thought a trip to A&W would be a must, but I guess you only have three meals in a day. J/K